Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recruiting Update: New Offer

This week we had several visitors to the school. Fresno State, Utah, Idaho, Washington State, UC Davis and Southern California. I received an offer from Idaho University Vandals. They play in the WAC.

I got a chance to meet my recruiter from Washington State Coach Ethridge. I bumped in to him on my way to class. It was good to put a face with the emails and phone calls I have made. I look forward to getting up to Washington State and meeting the other coaches. USC came by also. My coach said they liked my film and would like for me to come to their rising stars camp so that they could further evaluate me. I also spoke briefly with the coach from Utah. Utah gave me my first offer. My coach said that most of the coaches said I looked bigger in person than on film. I have been working hard in the weight room and on the track. Recently I was on the 4 x 100 relay team that set a school record at the WCAL Championships on May 16th with a time of 42.35.

I will be concenrating more on Strength and conditioning preparing for the upcoming football season. I am about 10 pounds heavier since the football season ended. I would like to add an additional 5 to 10 pounds by the time the season starts and increase or maintain my speed.

No comments: